2019

June

Sunday 2nd

Commented on geckodriver issue 1566.

Monday 3rd

Filed and requested needinfo on bug 1556300.

Commented on D32028.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1566.

Patched bug 1555704 by adding a couple of simple cross-site origin tests for WebDriver to WPT.

Filed and patched bug 1556322 to improve a wptserve error message.

Commented on bug 1548289.

Did some preparation for tomorrow’s remote debugging protocol weekly meeting.

Commented on bug 1534702.

Commented on and closed bug 1507782, then filed bug 1556387 as a follow-up.

Filed and requested needinfo on bug 1556406.

Reviewed bug 1533084.

Continued work on bug 1540655. Got to the point where we have a remote(pup) test job running on TaskCluster.

Provided needinfo on bug 1543725.

Tuesday 4th

Commented on geckodriver issue 1566.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1567.

Wrote a lengthy comment on WebDriver issue 1286 where I reason about masquing screen captures. I came up with an alternate proposal that does not require post-processing of images.

Continued work on bug 1540655. Most of my time is spent waiting on try, because for whatever reason --artifact doesn’t want to play nice with source-test-remote-puppeteer.

Requested needinfo on bug 1553159.

Rebased bug 1543115.

Triaged WebDriver issue 1294.

Reviewed bug 1543725.

Updated artifact build documentation.

Attended remote protocol weekly, after which I did the meeting minutes.

Reviewed bug 1335085.

Provided needinfo on bug 1553159.

Wednesday 5th

Did the meeting minutes from last week’s remote protocol meeting. Also did the meeting minutes from yesterday’s meeting.

Commented on bug 1553159.

Had a 1:1 with dburns.

Reviewed bug 1504201.

Friday 14th

Reviewed bug 1396824, then filed bug 1559324 to follow up on writing WPT tests for HTTP HEAD requests in geckodriver.

Followed up with Nupur on the Marionette Rust crate project.

Worked on revising my H1 goals. Completed self-assessment of H1 goals.

Attended chit-chat meeting with interns.

Saturday 15th

Commented on and closed geckodriver issue 1571.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1548.

Commented on and closed geckodriver issue 1428.

Spent some time understanding the new org chart.

Commented on Selenium issue 7259 regarding logging from geckodriver. Also wrote a length comment on geckodriver issue 1568 about the same issue and with some more ideas.

Commented on geckodriver issue 789.

Commented on bug 1558066.

Commented on bug 1559120.

Commented on bug 1434313.

Monday 17th

1:1 with nupur.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1573.

Reviewed bug 1487358.

Wednesday 19th

Consulted with on some questions from Nupur about the Marionette Rust library.

Reviewed bug 1549782.

Reviewed bug 1543071.

Provided needinfo on bug 1533058.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1560.

Commented on and closed geckodriver issue 1574.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1567 and filed bug 1560113 as a follow-up to correctly limit the element screenshot by the dimensions of the initial viewport.

Reviewed bug 1533058.

Commented on bug 1493907.

Thursday 20th

Consulted for Nupur’s Marionette Rust library.

Reviewed bug 1543151 for DOM.getContentQuads.

Reviewed bug 1545726 for DOM.getBoxModel.

Reviewed bug 1560278 for prepending headless to Browser.getVersion when Firefox is in headless mode.

Reviewed bug 1560280 for returning a real user agent string from Browser.getVersion.

Reviewed bug 1560281.

Reviewed bug 1560294.

Friday 21st

Filed and patched bug 1560497. to use the public Slack instance URL in the remote debugger documentation.

Commented on bug 1557741 regarding the geckodriver-repack TaskCluster job.

Commented on bug 1493907.

Commented on bug 1560015.

Commented on bug 1533058 regarding the philosophy behind recommended preferences in Marionette.

Commented on bug 1533704.

Closed bug 1556300 about creating a try preset for the remote debugger.

Tested patches for bug 1396824 again. They still require an update to work for HEAD requests. Requested needinfo from patch author.

Commented on and closed geckodriver issue 1546.

Triaged bug 1560522.

Filled out a questionaire for the security review of the forthcoming remote debugging protocol.

Provided needinfo on bug 1499845 regarding the new platform screen capture API.

Monday 24th

1:1 with Nupur.

Reviewed and tested bug 1396824 for supporting HEAD requests in geckodriver.

Reviewed bug 1560588.

Worked extensively on the Marionette Rust library design.

Tuesday 25th

Reviewed bug 1561196.

Commented on bug 1544417 regarding resizing in Puppeteer. It turns out Puppeteer allows per-tab resizing, which in our case means we have to resize the <xul:browser> probably.

Continued work on the Marionette Rust crate prototype.

Chaired remote protocol meeting, afterwards I did the meeting minutes.

Commented on bug 1558973.

Commented on WPT PR 17494.

Reviewed bug 1558598 which adds some options to explicitly enable or disable WebRender to the Marionette and WPT test harnesses.

Helped jgraham’s intern Nikki figure out a problem with a patch failing to pass CI tests on WPT upstream.

Wednesday 26th

Provided a consult on the Marionette Rust library project.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1577.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1575.

Commented on WPT PR 17494.

Continued work on the serialisation of Marionette messages for the Rust library project.

Thursday 27th

Consulted on Nupur’s intern project.

Commented on geckodriver issue 1577.

Reviewed bug 1543185.

Reviewed bug 1543142.

Reviewed bug 1552325.

Reviewed bug 1558951.

Followed up on some licensing issues of Juggler code.

Saturday 29th

Released first version of xflag: a minimalistic and opinionated flag parsing library in the tradition of the X toolkit.